AccuID® by DNA Link, Inc. is a whole new SNP based personal identification microarray system.
A single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP, pronounced snip) refers to a DNA sequence variation, in which a single nucleotide in the genome differs between individuals. By studying these genetic differences among individuals or populations, we can identify the personal traits that each of us uniquely possesses.
SNPs tell you..
- Human Identification (personal ID, physical traits, ethnicity...etc.)
- Linkage Disequilibrium
- Association studies
- Candidate gene identification
Microarray is a "DNA chip" that can contain tens of thousands of specific DNA sequences, known as probes, to be genotyped with target DNA. By measuring the fluorescent expression levels between probes and target DNA, a microarray can genotype the DNA sequences of an individual.
AccuID® uses Affymetrix® Resequencing Array
- FDA approved medical device
- Wide spread microarray platform
- Easy interpretation
- Good sensitivity and accuracy
- Probes tiled on forward and reverse strands.
- Up to 300,000 bases per array
- 8 X coverage per base position (4 X Forward, 4 X Reverse)
AccuID® Ver. 1.0
AccuID® Ver. 1.0, our brand new version of upcoming AccuID® series, consists of near 200 SNP markers ideal for human identification as well as sex determination.
- 169 Human ID + 12 Sex SNP markers
- Performs personal ID, maternity/paternity test, relationship test
- SNP markers selected from 4 international database
- 21 SNP markers can replace 15 STR loci
- Average MAF of 0.465 for high discrimination power
- Average Fst of 0.013 for non-racial discrepancy